Providing Sound Defenses With Passion And Precision

A Guilty Verdict Is Not Always The End Of A Case

Every person accused of a crime has the right to due process, meaning that they have an opportunity to defend themselves from the allegations against them in a fair trial. A trial will determine whether the person is guilty or innocent after reviewing the facts of the case. Defendants should be well aware that a conviction is a possibility.

If you have been convicted of a state crime in Utah, I can file an appeal for you requesting a higher court to review the decision. My name is Nick Wilde, and I am listed on the Utah Appellate Roster for criminal appeals. At the Law Office of Nicolas C. Wilde LLC, my objective will be determining whether the application of the laws was accurate and whether your trial was, in fact, fair.

When Is It Possible To Appeal A Criminal Conviction?

When a judge or jury trial results in a conviction, the criminal defendant has a right to appeal the verdict.

It is important to note that you cannot appeal a verdict just because you are unhappy with the outcome. There must be legal grounds, such as a legal error, that you believe negatively affected the outcome of your case. The common grounds for an appeal include:

  • Prosecutorial misconduct
  • Insufficient evidence
  • Ineffective assistance of counsel
  • Jury misconduct
  • Improper admission of evidence
  • Improper exclusion of evidence
  • Legal error or an error of law
  • Sentencing errors

A trial should be free from prejudice and misconduct that can directly influence the outcome of a case. I can review the legal proceedings that transpired and determine whether there are grounds to appeal your case.

A Second Chance To Clear Your Name

As a Utah criminal defense attorney, I understand how much a criminal conviction can affect a person’s life and reputation. If you believe that you did not receive the fair trial and due process you deserve, let me see what I can do to assist you.

You can schedule an appointment at the Law Office of Nicolas C. Wilde LLC by calling me at 801-528-1335 or contacting me online. Yo hablo español. Si usted ha sido condenado por un delito, no dude en contactarme para apelar su condena. Estoy aquí para servirle.